Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesdays With Dore: Chipster topped Brownies

I don't think my chipster stopped brownies were supposed to turn out the way they did. The cookie part cooked on top of the brownie part with like an inch of space in between the two. Did that make any sense? I had, like, a huge whole throughout the entire pan!


If I wasn't so perplexed at the site of the whole thing I would have done something cool with it, like fill it with whipped cream or chocolate mousse, but I was too busy wondering how the heck that happened.

Don't make any mistake about it though, it was completely amazing. Probably the most unhealthy recipe I have ever made. I had to go change into my fat pants half way through making it. I used Andes mints instead of chocolate chips and it was perfect. The brownie was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted too. I couldn't cut it nicely because it just broke into pieces, but it was worth it.

This recipe chosen by Beth of Supplicious.

10 comments:

Soy*Baby said...

That is a big hole. I would have probably stared at in confusion too. I love the "fat pants." I'm going to need to change into them if I don't stop eating these brownies.

Anonymous said...

They were delicious!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

LOL! I got the craziest visuals while reading your post.
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

Filling your brownie with whipped cream or chocolate mousse - I'd definitely be wearing fat pants for sure! =) Looks delish and the sub with Andes mints sounds fantastic!

Leslie said...

Great idea to go to the Andes mints!

TWD has moved my fat pants into my regular pant rotation. :-(

Pamela said...

That hole is perfect for filling with ice cream!! Looks amazingly good.

Rhiani said...

I had a bit of a gap between the layers as well and the top of the cookie layer was surprisingly crispy so I had to cut very carefully to avoid the cookie topping from being nothing but crumbs on my pastry board. I think putting a filling in there sounds like a brilliant plan :)

TeaLady said...

Just looking at these I gained 10 lbs. Mine had a small hole, but the biggest thing was their not baking all the way through.

Whipped cream would have been perfect.

Elyse said...

I'm glad these were amazing despite the odd space between the cookie and the brownie layer. They certainly look delicious!! Who could argue with putting together two of life's best desserts?! Sorry I've been away for the past week; I had a good friend in town and wasn't able to do much on the computer. I'm back now, though :)

Mariel said...

This reminds me of one of my all-time favorite recipes that I posted on my blog, Better Than Chili's Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie...

http://www.oneshetwoshe.com/2009/11/better-than-chilis-chocolate-chip.html