Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: Coconut Butter Thins

These cookies were fabulous! They had the texture of shortbread with so many different flavors involved. They had lime ( or in my case I used lemon) coriander, coconut, and macadamia nut. They each added something wonderful to the cookie and with all the butter in there, they were just perfect for what I needed tonight. Apparently Dorie almost left these out of her cookbook, but I'm so grateful to her that she didn't!
Thanks to Jayne of the Barefoot Kitchen Witch for her good pick this week!

10 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

such a nice treat. Look so good !

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, these do sounds so good & looks like except for the "spreading" everyone liked 'em!
~ingrid

avesta said...

coconut...butter....yum! i love anything coconut...these look so good and I would love them with a cup of hot tea!

Leslie said...

Seeing how great yours look, I'm sorry I don't have any left to have with a nice cup of tea!

Flourchild said...

These cookies were so good..yours look like they came out splendid!

Pamela said...

It's so funny, because I was sure I wouldn't care much for these. And boy...was I wrong! Can't wait to try them again. Great job!

Katrina said...

Your stack of cookies look de-licious!

Elyse said...

Wow! Your cookies turned out fabulously! I'm so impressed by how thick they remained after baking. They look totally delicious; I'd love to eat about 7 right now!

Teanna said...

I am so happy she left this recipe in as well! Your cookies look gorgeous!

TeaLady said...

They look so light and airy. Great job.