Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: Caramel Crunch Bars

As I browse through Dorie Greenspan's cookbook, "From My Home To Yours", the picture of these cookie bars always caught my eye so I was excited to be making them. I love that she makes ice cream sandwiches with hers. I, however, was not so ambitious. (can you tell by my lack of posts that I'm barely surviving around here?!) They were pretty darn good by themselves though and were a hit with my aunt and cousins that I shared them with.

By the way, the recipe calls for ground coffee and since I don't drink coffee and didn't want to buy some to use a tsp, I substituted cocoa powder. Check out the blog of our host for this week, Whitney of What’s left on the table for the recipe, as well as the other Dorie bakers on the blogroll.

7 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

these look so good. I ll surely try this recipe. yum yum

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Looks good!

Sorry to hear that things have been hectic for you lately!
~ingrid

Maria said...

I can't wait to try these!! YUM!

TeaLady said...

These look really good. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I think I would have liked the cocoa powder rather than the coffee!! They look delicious!

Katrina said...

Your bars look great! I put sprinkles on top so the boys would eat it. I did walnuts on half, too. 'Sall good!

avesta said...

Love me some caramel....will try this recipe for sure! I can't believe you don't drink coffee...do you just have natural bursts of energy?