Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: World Peace Cookies


I would like to thank Tuesdays With Dorie for keeping me baking during such a busy time of life. It is one of the only things I get to do that brings me satisfaction and without it I don't think I would be so dedicated to exercise, nor would I be able to bribe my kids as much and see their smiling faces as they eat so much junk food. I'm sure my co-workers like me a lot more too because they are my official plate cleaners. I hope I still have some people reading my blog even though I have been so inconsistent the past few months.


I guess these are called World Peace Cookies because someone told Dorie that eating enough of these each day will "ensure planetary peace and happiness", but I loved them no matter what! The recipe was chosen this week by Jess from Cookbook Habit. Find the recipe on her blog.


The recipe called for mini chocolate chips, but since I didn't have any, I put some mint chocolate chips in my pampered chef chopper and added those to the dough. After I rolled the dough into the logs to be refrigerated, I rolled them in chocolate sprinkles. This added such nice texture to the cookie and kind of gave the edges a more finished look too.

These are definitely worth baking, and the best part is that there are no eggs in the dough, so grab your spoons, pass the bowl around, and dig in!

18 comments:

Pamela said...

I miss my Pampered Chef chopper. It bit the dust a couple of years ago. I love the color in the cookies and I think rolling them in some sprinkles was a nifty idea! Nice job.

Anjeanette said...

I love how yours turned out!! They look great with the green and the brown. And the combination sounds delish!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I'm here!!!

Your cookies look good. I like the pop of the green mint chips. And the sprinkles did add that something special. Great job!

Hope all is well & don't stay away so long! :-)
~ingrid

snbjork said...

Yum, those look great! I love the chocolate and mint combo. I think, with the green mint chips, the cookies look a little like Planet Earth. They're cute!

I'm planning to have a chinese night at home here in the next week. I seriously need to try your lemon chicken recipe. I've had in my file for a while and can't wait to taste it!

Unknown said...

I also have some mint chips hanging around and was tempted...how were they with the salt? That was my only hesitation. Chocolate and mint are such a great combination, though.

Anonymous said...

I also love the colors in your cookie, I just might make this myself :) I would like to invite you to Foodista.com - the cooking encyclopedia everyone can edit. We have lots of easy recipes you can try, so do check us out. Would also love a link to this post from our site.(This will direct Foodista readers to your blog)Here's how you can create inbound links from our site Check it out here. This is a great way for you to build blog traffic and connect with other food lovers! Also feel free to share your recipes and tips with us!Thanks!

avesta said...

These look great and I do love chocolate and mint together!

Anonymous said...

The mint addition sounds yummy.

Ivette said...

OMG.. I wish I would have thought about adding some mint pieces! I know I probably would have LOVED the cookies.. I think yours look great!

Joie de vivre said...

These look so cute with the green chips!

Anonymous said...

Great job. I like the contrasting colors of the mint chips and the sprinkles on the edges are a cute touch.

Abby said...

I've gotta make these one day! And I hear you on the inconsistency - I've been so bad about that, myself!

Shaun and Maren said...

I still read your blog! And I definately love being your plate cleaner too :)

Sarah said...

Hey- you inspired me! After I read this post I got some mint chocolate chips and made some. Not this same recipe- just my regular chocolate chip with some cocoa. Yummmm!

Katrina said...

Awesome cookies! I love TWD for the same reasons you mentioned.

madebymelynda said...

Becky
I'm Friend with Val and got to your blog from hers. I love Your blog. A cooks dream! Thanks

Anonymous said...

These would be ideal for St. Patrick's Day with the fun green mints :), I like your twist on them.

Valerie said...

Yours are so prett with the green mint and the sprinkles. I haven't made these, but have seen them all over the internet. This is the first time I've wanted to try them though. :)