Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Foodbuzz Tastemakers...This is a good one!



I love being a part of the Foodbuzz Tastemakers Program. I can't even describe how much fun it is to get a package in the mail of some new yummy food to try. I know, I need to get out more, huh! But really, it's such a fun little treat.

This month I was so excited to get to try Quaker's new True Delight granola bars. These are like, gourmet granola bars too. They come in 3 flavors including...are you ready for this... Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond, Honey Roasted Cashew Mixed Berry, and Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut. I know, those are a lot of flavors packed into a little granola bar, but they were all amazing.

I decided to bring my samples into work where I could cut them up and let everyone have a little sample to see what they thought. Afterward I wasn't so pleased that I had shared though. These granola bars had such an intense flavor to them. You could taste berry or banana in every bite. They were fresh and chewy and the best part is that they taste so much better than the original granola bars but have about the same number of calories. Seriously, I can not emphasize enough have good the flavor was in these.

Look for them now at your local grocery store. They are a little more expensive than the original, but worth every penny.

4 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

MMMM, I'm think the coconut one might be me!
~ingrid

Todd and Jenn said...

I bought the coconut ones and they were soooo good and my kids loved them too.

Katrina said...

Ooh, I'd like a taste of each. Will have to look for those. Love the sound of the banana one. Lucky.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

I loved these too- I thought the banana one was SO yummy!