Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: French Pear Tart

The good news is...I found my camera! It was hidden in the pocket of my snow jacket and had been there since Christmas Day when I was outside taking pictures of a few of the neighborhood dads driving 4-wheelers down the street with kids being dragged behind on sleds hanging on for dear life and having a blast doing it. The bad news is...I found my camera! I was hoping to use this as an excuse to buy the really nice one I want, but I guess I'll keep saving my pennies for another day.

Today's recipe was chosen by Dorie Greenspan herself. I loved making the tart, mostly because I was excited to put the tart pans to use that my mom got me for Christmas! Thanks, mom! I had no idea they would come in handy so quickly! Isn't it beautiful though?!

As usual, I'm barely qualifying as midnight is quickly approaching and my bedtime has come and gone, but I can go to bed with my house smelling absolutely amazing while the tart is cooling and waiting for me to have a big slice for breakfast! I'll let you know how it tastes, although I'm pretty positive it will be devoured the second I walk into work with it. That is, if I don't fall and drop it in the snow on the way in. Is it ever going to stop snowing???

Alright, I'm way too tired and starting to ramble. Great recipe today! Check out the blogroll to see my fellow TWD bakers!

11 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I hope you post the recipe, my daughter can only have pears and has had to give up all other fruit so I'd love to try this for her.

chocolatechic said...

Looks wonderful, and whoo Hoooo on finding the camera.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

The tart looks terrific! From what I've read it's sure to be delish!

I still have a nice chunk of change from my Christmas bonus and have been thinking about tart pans and new cake rings. LOL!

I hear about the good & bad news! The same thing happened to me back in October. Had one all picked out!
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to find a new camera under the Christmas tree this year - instead my husband found a new video camera, not quite the same!

Your tart looks lovely and I'm sure you and your co-workers thoroughly enjoyed it today!

Snooky doodle said...

this looks awesome. Yummy! Ha here never snows :) wish to see it sometimes.

Sarah said...

you are turning into quite the little chef! that tart looks beautiful. i don't even know what a tart is, but i sure want some.

i was thinking maybe we could do a girls night sometime soon- like dessert. you can make tart. or we could go out. whatev.

Katrina said...

Almost the same, I lost the debit card and we almost had to get a new one but my husband found it. Oh, I guess not quite the same, a new card wouldn't come with new money on it, huh! jk
Your tart looks great, love the pear placement job. I'll bet you loved it. I haven't heard anyone that didn't!

Pamela said...

It looks wonderful. I didn't make it this week, but now all I am seeing are fabulous tarts and rave reviews. I guess I'll have to make ti soon.

vanillasugarblog said...

I rarely use my tart pan.
This does look really good though...I might have to try it.

avesta said...

Looks great! I love eating my baked goods for breakfast! :)

Lynne Daley said...

I loved this pear tart and will definitely make it again. Your pear slices look so perfect on the tart.