Friday, January 2, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: Tall and Creamy Cheesecake

I didn't post this on time because somewhere, sometime, over the crazy past two weeks, we lost our camera! I think it's a perfect excuse to get the nice camera that I really want, but for now we are going to have to do without. What is a food blog without pictures to show how good the food looks?! Well, I will try to describe it until I can at least borrow my neighbor's camera to take a few pictures. (please Steph, I'll share a bite!)

This is easily the best cheesecake I have ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot of cheesecakes including about 1 piece a week from The Cheesecake Factory when I was pregnant with my first! Yes, I'm still trying to lose that weight 5 years later.

But this cheesecake is so creamy and smooth and has such a rich flavor. Dorie says to beat the batter until it's satiny, and then you cook it for 1 1/2 hours in a water bath and then let it rest in the water bath in the hot oven for another hour. I just made the plain cheesecake, but I am so excited to try different flavors next time.

Definitely a great choice this week by Anne of Anne Strawberry! Here is the link to the TWD Blogroll.

3 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

That's a bummer about the camera but it is an excellent excuse to upgrade to one of the really "nice" ones!

Happy 2009!
~ingrid

Pamela said...

Sorry about the camera, but maybe you'll get a new one now. :o)
Glad you enjoyed the cheesecake. It was SO good.

Katrina said...

Camera issues drive me nuts!
But this apple dip, I had very similar for the first time at a baby shower in Dec. and it was SO good! Addictively good. Loved the crunch from the toffee bits.