Friday, January 2, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: Tall and Creamy Cheesecake

I didn't post this on time because somewhere, sometime, over the crazy past two weeks, we lost our camera! I think it's a perfect excuse to get the nice camera that I really want, but for now we are going to have to do without. What is a food blog without pictures to show how good the food looks?! Well, I will try to describe it until I can at least borrow my neighbor's camera to take a few pictures. (please Steph, I'll share a bite!)

This is easily the best cheesecake I have ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot of cheesecakes including about 1 piece a week from The Cheesecake Factory when I was pregnant with my first! Yes, I'm still trying to lose that weight 5 years later.

But this cheesecake is so creamy and smooth and has such a rich flavor. Dorie says to beat the batter until it's satiny, and then you cook it for 1 1/2 hours in a water bath and then let it rest in the water bath in the hot oven for another hour. I just made the plain cheesecake, but I am so excited to try different flavors next time.

Definitely a great choice this week by Anne of Anne Strawberry! Here is the link to the TWD Blogroll.


Ingrid said...

That's a bummer about the camera but it is an excellent excuse to upgrade to one of the really "nice" ones!

Happy 2009!

Pamela said...

Sorry about the camera, but maybe you'll get a new one now. :o)
Glad you enjoyed the cheesecake. It was SO good.

Katrina said...

Camera issues drive me nuts!
But this apple dip, I had very similar for the first time at a baby shower in Dec. and it was SO good! Addictively good. Loved the crunch from the toffee bits.