Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are you ready for some football?

There is nothing I like more than a party with good food. I love having parties and I love preparing for parties. I especially like eating at parties, so I'm sharing some of my all time favorite party food recipes that are all extremely simple but always a hit.

BACON WRAPPED LITTLE SMOKIES WITH BROWN SUGAR
That's exactly what they are. Get some bacon, cut it in thirds and wrap a piece around a little smokie sausage. Hold it together with a toothpick. Line them up on a foil lined tray and dump at least 1 pound of brown sugar over all of them. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. The brown sugar will caramelize and you will get some goodness. Take them off of the foil while they are still warm so they don't stick and serve them warm. Be sure to get one quick because they go fast!


BACON RANCH DIP 16 oz sour cream
1 ranch dip packet
1/4 C bacon bits
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

mix together and serve with chips and veggies. It's even better the next day so make the dip ahead!


7 LAYER DIP
I love how everyone makes their own version of the 7 layer dip. Here's how I do mine:
2 cans refried beans
1 C gaucamole
8 oz sour cream mixed with 1 packet of taco seasoning
2 C shredded cheese ( use the mexi-blend and I like a lot of it!)
1 can sliced olives
2 roma tomatoes
1/4 C green onions
a little more shredded cheese on top

Layer in 9x13 pan and serve with tortilla chips.



I'm pretty sure I know who is playing in the super bowl this year, but I really don't care who wins. All I know is that we will be eating good and having fun with some friends and I love any excuse for a party!

4 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

how many nice ideas , I malways stuck on what party food to make. Those sausages look awesome :)

avesta said...

I may be a chef but I love me some good football party food!!! Those little smokies sound soooooo good!

Maris said...

I've seen so much 7-Layer dip on the blogs surrounding the superbowl that now I'm dying to make it!

Abby said...

We always have those little smokies at Christmas. I LOVE THEM. We make them with grape jelly, however!