Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Choco-Blonde Brownies

I know I have a new post almost every day, but I really just get so excited about food, especially since I started this little blog of mine.

So today, my 4 year old asked if we could make m&m cookies. I got so excited that she wanted to bake with me, but I thought cookies would be a little boring, so why not jazz it up a little bit. The recipe on the m&m baking bits bag was for rainbow blondies, but I wanted to go even a little beyond that, so I modified it just a bit and the result was definitely blog-worthy. I did a layer of chocolate brownies, and a layer of m&m blondies with more m&ms on top. So rich and delicious!

Choco-Blonde Brownies
1 C butter
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 T cocoa powder

Grease 9x13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350.

Combine butter and sugar and blend well. Add eggs, vanilla, flour, and baking soda and mix well. Pour half of the batter into a separate bowl and add cocoa powder. To the other bowl, mix 1/2 bag of mini baking m&m's.

Spread chocolate batter on bottom of pan and blonde batter with m&ms on top of that. Sprinkle with more m&ms.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Cool, cut, serve, eat! Yum!

Now I just have to get them out of my house before I eat them all.

2 comments:

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, because now i've discovered yours! It looks like you're having a lot of fun here! And wow these brownies-blondies look to die for, I would really like to eat one... or two!

jess said...

I am definitely trying those...they look REALLY good. Maybe I'll do that tonight :)