Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lemon Ricotta Muffins


I made this recipe a few years ago for a breakfast gathering and lost the recipe, but I just found it again and because I'm on this lemon kick I couldn't wait to make them! These muffins are so lite and flavorful with the blend of lemon and almond. They are perfect for a summertime brunch! Yum! Of course I like to make them mini because small things are always cuter and then you can eat more than one and feel okay about it.
Lemon Ricotta Muffins
Recipe courtesy of Giada Dr Laurentiis

2 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C sugar plus some for sprinkling on tops of muffins
1/2 C butter, room temp
1 T grated lemon zest
1 C ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/3 C thinly sliced almonds (I opted out of these this time, but it's good either way)

Line muffin tins with liners or spray with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 350.

Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl to blend well. In separate bowl, beat 1 C sugar, butter, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in the ricotta, egg, lemon juice, and almost extract. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.

Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle the sliced almonds and then the sugar on top of each one. Bake for 20 minutes for regular sized cups and 10 minutes for minis.

Makes 12 regular size, or 30 mini muffins.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Can I just tell you how sad I am that I can't be your taste tester anymore?? I will give you my address and you can mail me your delicious treats!!