Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: choclate cream tart

I know what you are thinking...this doesn't look like chocolate cream tart. Well, you aren't crazy! Due to the fact that I couldn't bear to have such a dessert around the house tempting me, and I ran out of time like usual, I did some major modification. I made the chocolate shortbread crust and then topped it with lowfat strawberry yogurt and fresh strawberries. Not as good as it looks, but not a horrible little treat.

This weeks recipe was chosen by Kim of Scrumptious Photography. You really do need to check out her blog. Her tart looks SO good and all of her food photography is absolutely amazing! She is very talented! I'm totally impressed!

5 comments:

Sarah Joynt said...

that looks amazing

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Good for you that you recognized the "threat" of having that tart in the house. I'd have made it, eaten it, and then been made at myself!
~ingrid

Unknown said...

Great job adapting the recipe to make it work for you! Looks yummy.

Pamela said...

Looks good to me! Not to mention that it's probably MUCH lower in fat than the original recipe. :o)

TeaLady said...

Love the presentation. Wonder how it would be with a chocolate yogurt, or amaretto. Great idea.