Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie: Banana Cream Pie

I seriously need to work on my pie making skills. My crust tasted great, but it was far from pretty. My custard was a little too thick, and I just wasn't in the mood for banana cream pie. Even still, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, I did end up eating a whole piece of the pie!


This recipe was chosen by Amy from Sing For Your Supper. I'm glad I got to practice, but I have a long way too go.


I ate my piece...now what do I do with the rest of it???

9 comments:

Megan said...

Oh goody - send a piece my way - because I didn't get any!

Elyse said...

I'm sure you have some friends who would love for you to share a piece with them :) Your pie looks fantastic. It must be good if you ate a whole piece when you weren't even in the mood for it!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Send me pie, send me pie! I want pie! :-) I'll be honest it looks good to me and from everyone else's description sounds good too!
~ingrid

Eliana said...

I'm not a good pie maker either. It's one of those things that requires lots of practice (and patience). But at least you're working on it.

TeaLady said...

That's what friends are for. It looks just right to me. Crust isn't easy. I am still practicing on mine after 30 years.

Unknown said...

I need to work on my skills too. My crust was scary but luckily covered well by the cream and bananas. Yours looks wonderful to me!

Annette said...

Your pie looks great! I need to work on my pie skills too. I was actually angry at the pie. But it tasted good and now I want to make it again. You know, just for practice. ;)

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Looks like you have been baking up a storm! It all looks so delicious!

boracay island philippines said...

very tummy-licious..